On the latest Windows OS whenever users set a profile picture on their Windows 10 user account, it will be shown on Windows 10 login screen and lock screen, and you also can see a list of user accounts on a small picture (if your device more than one accounts).
If you have the latest updates of Windows 10, it’s also shown on the left side on your Start menu which you used to Sign out, Lock, and Change account setting on your laptop. A user can use their own favorite photos for an account picture and you can directly take a picture or a video clip (using a webcam).
In this article, I’ll show you the tutorial on how to remove all recently your use account pictures in Windows 10 and several tutorials related to the user account profile photo.
Change Windows 10 User Account Profile Picture
Just in case if you are still new to the latest Windows operating system, you’ll find there is no option to change the account picture from the User Accounts applet in Control Panel (starting from Windows 8).
So, how to change or set Windows 10 User Account picture? Simply follow these:
- Open your Setting by pressing Windows Key+I
- Go to Accounts and Your Info
- Click Browse for one button or go click Camera for using a webcam to create your User Account profile picture
Remove Account Pictures History
Most of the laptop or PC users log on to Windows 10 with Microsoft account, and their account picture will sync by default to other devices which registered with the same Microsoft account.
On Windows 10 account setting, the first option (Your info) of the setting shows you your current account picture (the larger one). And then, the other two small photos on the right side of your current picture are recently used photo. See the image below.
If you don’t plan to use them again and there is no reason to keep these images. But, in the latest Windows operating system provides no option setting to remove those old user pictures.
So, here is a simple way to delete or remove recently used account pictures:
- Launch Windows Run Command tool (Press Windows Key+R) or Open File Explorer (Press Windows Key+E)
- Copy and paste this path %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures into the Run Command tool or on the address bar of the File Explorer and hit Enter
- Delete any recently used picture in that folder. All of those pictures are not your current account picture
Remove or Restore Current Account Picture
After changing your picture of your Windows 10 account on the first time, you may have realized that there is no option to reset the profile picture to default anymore.
Luckily, you can locate its default image in a hidden system folder. So, it means you can restore your profile photo on Windows 10 back.
In order to fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Setting by pressing Windows Key+I
- Go to Accounts and Your Info
- Click Browse for one button. And when the new window appears, copy and paste this path on the address bar C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures then hit Enter
- Go to the Start menu by hitting the Windows Key button or click the Start button
- Right-click the account picture on the left side on your Start menu and click Change account settings
- Click Browse for one button. Copy and paste this path on the address bar C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and press Enter
After following one of these tutorials, you’ll see the default image of your Windows 10 User Account. And, you can select the image manually to put into your profile picture back.
That’s it, hope you’ll enjoy this tutorial. Anyway thanks for reading.